Cincinnati Public Schools is hiring Substitute Teachers, Special Needs Paraprofessionals, Substitute Paraprofessionals and Nap Aids to serve the district's growing student population.
What: Virtual Walk-In Wednesday Open Substitute Interviews
When: 1–2:30 p.m. every Wednesday starting January 20 through February 24, 2021
Where: Virtually (on BlueJeans or Google Meet)
How: Register and apply here.
What are the requirement to be a substitute teacher?
- Bachelor's degree (as evidenced by official transcript with degree conferred)
- ODE Substitute Teaching License
How do I apply for a substitute teaching license?
To apply for a Substitute Teacher License, create an OH|ID (formerly SAFE) account with the Ohio Department of Education — Click on the sub-link for Substitute Teachers to review what is required by the state, and make a decision on the type of license you want to apply for (short-term or long-term sub). You may need an IRN# 043752 to apply for the license. CPS is listed under Cincinnati City.
One of the following:
- Associate's degree
- 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours
- Passing score on the Paraprofessional Assessment Exam
- ODE Educational Aide Permit with the ESEA endorsement.
Those who receive job offers will be processed on-site to expedite starting dates.
Bring with you:
- Official, original transcripts
- ODE License
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License or Ohio ID
- Three letters of reference (or emails on the application)
- CPS will require background checks upon hiring. ($50 cash)
Questions? Contact Eric Ogletree, Human Resources, Talent Acquisitions Specialist; Sonja Berkhalter, Human Resources Civil Service Specialist; or Jara Bonner, Human Resources Civil Service Specialist.